We all have a visual preference, this is known as “Eye Dominance”.
At the beginning of your archery career it is important to know which eye is dominant.
1. Find an object that you see clearly approximately 10 metres away.
2. Extend both your arms out in front of you, and then bring both of your hands together to form a small hole.
3. The hole should be approximately 4 cm in diameter.
4. Keeping both of your eyes open look at the object through the hole in your hands.
5. Continue looking at the object keeping it framed within in the hole and slowly bring your hands back to your face. Your hands will draw naturally to your dominant eye.
In some cases, new archers will not have a dominant eye. When this happens, it’s best to use the dominant hand to draw the bow.